1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 sweet yellow onion
a pinch of garlic salt
- Cut the chicken into strips or cubes about 1 inch thick and 3 inches long.
- Place chicken inside of 1 gallon Ziplock bag.
- Cut all of the bell peppers and onion into strips. Add to Ziplock bag.
- Cut the lemon and the lime into thirds, squeeze 1/3 of the lemon and the lime into the bag (I also zest the skin of the citrus for added flavor)
- Add garlic salt to bag, close bag and shake everything up. Let sit in fridge for at least one hour.
- Once ready you can prepare your fajitas in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes, on the skillet on low-medium heat, or on the grill. I personally prepare mine on the grill anytime the weather permits, I also use a Grill Mat! It has been one of my favorite purchases.
- Once done, heat up the tortillas and serve. Garnish with the remaining citrus, and black beans if preferred.
***I will usually cut up some lettuce, tomato, and avocado and serve with the meal.****
This is such an easy meal and is a great change up to typical baked chicken (at least in my house!)