12 oz Russian dressing
1 pkg onion soup mix (dry)
4 oz canned apricot halves
8 oz apricot preserves
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Pour the Russian dressing, dry onion soup mix package, apricot preserves, and 2 tablespoons of apricot juice from the canned apricots into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, until well combined.
- Pierce chicken with a fork about four times on each side of breast. Place chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish and pour mixture over the chicken.
- Place one or two apricot halves in the center of each chicken breast, depending on the size of the breast.
- Place chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the chicken to marinate. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. When ready, place chicken in oven for 40 minutes.
***Serve with rice pilaf and cheesy green beans***
***I have also used this recipe for pork, halibut, and tilapia, and it tastes great on all of the above!***
Hubby Rating: 9. This is one of my husband's favorite chicken dishes, and the only reason why it didn't get a 10 is because he says that he LOVES chicken Elenora and that's a true 10, so this is a close second.