1/2 c ground mustard
1/4 c apple juice
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp melted butter
2 c bread crumbes
3/4 c grated parmesean cheese
1/4 c ground almonds, walnuts, or cashews
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
4 slices provolone cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and add wire rack-this allows the chicken to cook and crisp evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard, apple juice, garlic and melted butter. In another bowl mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, almonds, pepper, and dried basil.
- Coat chicken in the mustard mixture, then roll in the parmesan cheese mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place the chicken on the wire rack. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese on chicken and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and chicken is cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
- Serve with spaghetti and marinara, cesar salad, and garlic bread.
Pairs well with Pinot Noir or Chianti
***Use marinara to garnish the parmesan chicken.***
Hubby Rating: 9.0! This is a delicious meal, but my hubby is not a fan of red sauce, which is why this got a less than perfect rating. If you ask me, this is a fantastic meal! I am Italian and love Italian food!!!! I must thank my buddy Jessica Cantelletta for the original recipe! I have changed it a little over the years, but overall, this delicious meal came straight from her kitchen!