- Flat or Matte Finish: This has a matte surface and can hide imperfections on walls, but it is harder to clean. This is best for ceilings, living rooms, dining rooms and adult bedrooms.
- Eggshell Finish: This has a low sheen and is easier to clean than flat finishes. Best for medium traffic areas such as family rooms, powder rooms and foyers.
- Satin Finish: This has more gloss than eggshell finishes. Ideal for high traffic areas since it can endure cleaning and light scrubbing. Suitable for kitchens, bathrooms and children's bedrooms. For the home's exterior, use a flat or satin paint for walls and a semi-gloss on trims.
- Semi-Gloss Finish: This has a silky sheen finish. It is the most durable paint and is ideal for doors, trims, moldings, and cabinets in kitchens and bathrooms.
- High-Gloss Finish: This has the highest sheen and can show surface imperfections easily. Great for areas that are exposed to wear such as front doors, cabinets, and windowsills.
September 3, 2013
Choosing Paint Finish
Posted by Unknown at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment