For Sesame Ginger Sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
5 tsp water
For Sweet and Sour Sauce
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c white vinegar
2/3 c water
1/4 c soy sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp cornstarch
For Remainder of Meal
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 can chopped pineapple, drained
1 c rice, prepared per instructions
- Prepare Sesame Ginger Sauce by adding all of the above ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well-blended together. Set aside
- Prepare Sweet and Sour Sauce by combining all ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to boil and stir continuously until sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Cook rice, as directed by package or rice cooker (I use a rice cooker and do 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water).
- Stir-fry chicken in half of the Sesame Ginger Sauce until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add vegetables and remaining Sesame Ginger Sauce and cook for about 4 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in Sweet and Sour Sauce and pineapple and simmer until heated throughout.
- Serve over rice
Hubby Rating-10! I know that this meal sounds like it has a lot of steps to it, but from start to finish, I spent about 20 minutes getting the meal prepared and plated and it was wonderful! This is such an easy dish and is great for those hot summer days when you don't want to use your oven, and will be just as delicious on a cold fall or winter evening. The best part is that it didn't take very long to do at all! Happy eating!